Elizabeth A. Lemaire Beale nee Waring Feb 15, 2008 13:32:00 GMT -5
Post by benotforgot on Feb 15, 2008 13:32:00 GMT -5
Elizabeth A. Lemaire Beale nee Waring . . . mother of our Mary Alexandrien (Nellie) Sharp nee Lemaire . . . was born ca.1824-1827 in Maryland. She is the daughter of Edward Gantt Waring & his wife (and 2nd cousin), Catherine Ann (Kitty) Waring nee Waring.
- bef. 1843 :: marriage (in ? Texas) to Alexander Lemaire
- 1843 :: death of Mr. Lemaire when the ship on which he was returning to France disappeared at sea, never to be seen or heard from again
- 24 May 1843 :: Elizabeth's daughter, Mary Alexandrien Lemaire, is born in Liberty County, Texas.
- On the 1850 Liberty County, Texas census, Elizabeth is enumerated as E. A. Lemarre with the head of household being Kitty Waring (mother of E. A. Lemarre). There is no husband listed for either of them.
- 1850-1852 :: A widowed Elizabeth marries a widower by the name of John S. Beale.
- December 1852 :: Elizabeth's daughter, Lucy B. Beale, is born in Liberty County, Texas.
- c. 1857 :: Elizabeth has twin daughters . . . Kate W. Beale and Susan L. Beale . . . born in Montgomery County, Texas.
- bef. ? 1860 :: John S. Beale dies?
- In 1860 Elizabeth is indexed as Elizabeth Beale in Liberty County, Texas. Her husband, John, is not listed with the family.
- 11 July 1861 :: Elizabeth's daughter, Mary Alexandrien (Nellie) Lemaire, marries Samuel Houston Sharp in Liberty County, Texas.
- 25 January 1863 :: Elizabeth's grandson, James Hall Sharp, is born at Halls Bluff in Houston County, Texas.
- 16 January 1864 :: Elizabeth's daughter, Nellie, has a miscarriage at Hall's Bluff in Houston County, Texas, when her husband, Sam, is in jail (conscription).